Happy Friday Friends!
So you are now engaged to the love of your life and best friend… CONGRATULATIONS! I am here to provide you with some very helpful wedding planning tips to keep this excitement alive, starting with the early stages of your wedding planning process, so let’s jump right in!
Once you are engaged, the first BIG decision you will need to make is selecting your wedding venue. This can often be the most stressful part of the planning process because of the many different variables to consider. With so many decisions on the horizon you could find your self feeling emotionally drained. We would like to avoid this feeling at all costs, so here are a few wedding planning tips to make this process a little easier before you even begin looking at venues:
- Consider hiring a wedding planner. Wedding planning is overwhelming, no doubt about that! But did you know that many valley planners offer an initial complimentary consultation? Take that time to meet with a professional to best understand what services are offered. It will be well worth your time and possible investment.
- Finalize (best guess) your estimated guest count. This is very important as each venue has a different capacity.
- Agree upon an overall wedding budget that you both feel comfortable with. Again, consult with your planner to educate you and your groom on the average wedding expenses.
- Decide logistically what part of the valley you desire to host your wedding in.
- Have an ideal date in mind… at least the month and year.
Once you have your foundation laid then you can start talking about your desired style. Please do not torture yourself by wasting your precious time touring venues that don’t match any of your needs. I think it’s common that once a couple gets engaged they instantly start touring venues (because naturally you’re excited) but that is not a good use of time or your emotional energy.
Okay, now let’s talk “style” (my favorite part!). The good news is… Arizona has SEVERAL venue options and now that you have grasp on your guest count, budget, demographics and ideal dates… this process will be much easier for you. Arizona’s Finest Wedding Sites and Services website makes this super user friendly for you to navigate by city and style. In fact, their easy drop down menu offers you 29 wedding style options to choose from! But wait, how do you know what you’re style is? Well… I’d encourage you to sit down and talk to your spouse-to-be and begin crossing off styles that you know you do not want. Then, think about what matters most to you both on your wedding day… is it photography? If so, you might consider a venue with many lovely photography locations. Is it hotel accommodations because you have many out of town guests? If so, you’ll need to tour resort venues. You’ll start to dwindle down your “styles” fairly easily based on top goals for your wedding day. Then, at that point, you can finally start venue shopping!
- Do your “homework” ahead of time, so you have a foundation set.
- Be somewhat flexible on your date… let your date come to you.
- Have a good idea ahead of time as to what your “venue style” is.
- Try your best to enjoy the process and try not to fall in love with every venue you tour (this is the hard part).
- Take good notes and request an out the door proposal for each venue you tour.
Thank you so much, until next Friday friends!